The taste of old habits dying.

I never used to struggle when it came to self-control. I was able to turn down a cookie or doughnut when I was full. Somewhere in time I started giving in to every sugary temptation, and always justifying my poor choices with, " I deserve it." If I'm truthful with myself, I deserve better. My life is valuable and I deserve the very best, and that means I owe it to myself to make better choices when it comes to what I put into my body. My husband and I both have been talking weight-loss for a while now, and we seem to keep doing the yo-yo diet. We lose, we gain, we gain some more..then repeat. We recently cracked open the book, "The 17 Day Diet" this is not a review nor have I been paid to write this post, I just wanted to share! Basically this is a cleansing and detoxing type of diet where you eat lots of fruit and veggies, and drink plenty of water. Today is our second day on this diet, and I can honestly say I'm already feeling better. It comes down to choices. Instead of saying I deserve this junkfood..I can say I deserve to be healthy!

Being healthy has never tasted so good! I've went for so long eating things that were fast, that I forgot how great REAL food tastes. This morning I made myself a veggie omelet with 2 eggs (I used eggbeaters), spinach, red onion, and tomatoes. I sprinkled some fat free feta cheese on top and had low fat cottage cheese and fresh blueberries on the side. Washed it down with a glass of green tea. It does take me more time to plan and prepare our healthy meals, but soon it will be my new habit.

 The taste of old habits dying?....Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Keep us posted on how the 17 Day Diet works for your family. By the way, your breakfast looks yummy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Real food is amazing.. even if it does take a little more time.. so worth it! :) You'll have to keep us posted on this book!

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!