Back to School-Pay it Forward

Disclosure: I received $25 to buy and donate the supplies mentioned in this post. See Disclosure.

Can you believe Summer is coming to an end and it's time for back to school? I know I feel like this Summer flew by so fast I have whiplash. Those parents with children heading back to school and professionals who work in education realize all too well how fast Summer goes by. Heading back to school and starting school for the first time can be an exciting time for children and parents, but for some families the excitement is lost when they don't have the funds for supplies. I sit as a manager of raising funds for a local private school, and I see first hand how the stress of paying tuition and buying supplies at the start of the year can play out for families. Even families who don't normally struggle with finances can really feel the burden during the beginning of the year. Considering all the needs during this time, new clothing, tuition, book fees, shoes, supplies, lunch money- it's no wonder families feel the pinch. This year I'm so excited to be a part of this fun blogging pay it forward event put together by the Madame Deals team.

I was given $25 to go out and buy as many supplies as possible to stuff a backpack for a child that needed some extra help. Working hand in hand with The Education Center Inc. I knew I couldn't just pick one child. Each child at the school has a special place in my heart, so I had to buy for as many as possible. I didn't buy a backpack since that would have ate a lot of the money instead I went with supplies the school goes through fast. With the Booper's help we picked out some fun crafting items, a pipe cleaner craft set, Popsicle sticks, glue and crayons. We then grabbed some personal items for each child in the class, some notebooks, plain folders, and some designer folders. For the classroom we bought some white board markers, pencils, erasers, tape, and for fun we picked up a Math Bingo game, and some cool reward bookmarks. My total came to just over $30 so I put in some money so we could get everything you see pictured above.
The Education Center -Classroom ready for the first day of school!
Dropping off these supplies at the school, my heart felt overjoyed to be the channel used to donate. I can't think of any greater joy than to be able to pay it forward to a child's education. If any of those supplies help a child learn the skills needed to be a success, then this whole back to school event has been worth every penny! We hope to inspire other bloggers, and other companies to use their resources to pay it forward not just during the back to school season but all year long. I truly believe if you give to others you'll never find yourself wanting. Pass it on. 

About our generous sponsor: 
Campus Book Rentals is a company that offers students up to 90% off their textbooks! It not only allows students to save money, it helps students make money by providing services for students to rent out their textbooks to other students. Campus Book Rentals has been around since 2007, and continues to help students live a more affordable life. Campus Book Rentals is proud to sponsor such an amazing pay it forward event!


2 comments:

  1. What a cool thing for Campus Book Rentals to do! Happy the kiddos at the school will benefit from their generosity & your time. Great job! That's a lot of stuff for only $30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. donate food to charities

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!